Tuesday, April 28, 2020

6. Patreon Call



Hello my siblings in Christ, I am Bojan and I today I will explain how you can help Bible Illustrated.

For the past four years, I am working two jobs. I am employed at a ministry, but I also freelance - drawing, writing articles and so on and so forth. Now, this entire process is extremely time consuming. The drawing itself takes a lot of time, but you would be surprised just how long the process of uploading an illustration takes. I upload my drawings to every social network conceivable, and then again I upload it in the Serbian version.

For the majority of its existence, Bible Illustrated was a hobby - but it is a project that requires more than a hobby status. I plan to achieve this via Patreon. For those of you who haven’t heard of it, Patreon is a service that allows content creators to receive funds from their supporters so they could devote more time to their creative work. It isn’t a site for commissions - the main idea is support, not trade. The more donations I have on Patreon, the less I need to freelance, and more time I have to draw. It’s that simple.

Now, Patreon isn’t a mere donation service. There are different benefits that patrons gain access to depending on how much they pledge. Here, I will focus on the three most important tiers - you can check the rest on the Bible Illustrated profile on Patreon.

Patrons who pledge $2 gain access to my patron-only posts where I describe my drawings in more detail - consider it a trivia of Bible Illustrated.
$8 patrons are indicated as a donor of a particular image that I pick at the beginning of every month. Each drawing has an individual name tag - I won’t lump more donors on a single illustration. I realize that there are some drawings that are simply crude or violent - don’t worry, those are excluded from bearing names. I usually list my composer as the donor of those.
Finally, those who pledge $20 or more can choose a verse every month that I will draw, and that specific image will have their own name tag.

To sum it up - whenever a person pledges $8 or $20, there will be a guaranteed additional drawing per month.

Now, it is possible that, in time, my donor pledges exceed my freelance income. Besides ditching freelancing, there are a lot of things I have in store for this project - for example, publishing a book of selected verses, moving Bible Illustrated to its original domain, developing an app, having better marketing and so on. 

Remember, even a smallest, $1 pledge helps out the project big time. Also, even without these pledges, the project will continue, at a slower pace, due to freelancing, but it will continue. In the end, it is about Christ. Thank you for listening, and as always - pardon the accent!



















Back to the Main Page

No comments:

Post a Comment